Author Topic: HobbyKing P-40  (Read 1786 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
HobbyKing P-40
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
Here is what the actual customers have to say...real junk...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410876&page=72
And here is what Bajora has to say...no problems!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1480866
But, hey, you got it for free, right?  Would not want to upset the manufacturer and cut off your supply of free planes, right?

Craig

• View Profile
Re: HobbyKing P-40
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:27:56 PM »
This guy has several salient posts in the thread. What I can't understand is why modelers buy anything at all from these bandits. All it would take is for their income to drop about 90% for a couple of months, and they would either straighten up or go under. To argue, "well, I'll just buy the small stuff from HK and pass on their models", just gives these jerks the idea we are all a bunch of fools.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20218617&postcount=1785

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:20:11 AM »
"AussieHoppy
what goes up, must come down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
What I don't get is how do they know this bird won't sell if it was never offered to everyone? Even with it's shortcomings.
If this was offered through PWRC and RC castle it would have sold. How many will never know.

HK has alot to learn in the customer service department.
yup
sad, but true

sorry thread contributors, readers, one and all... I really didn't intend to hijack our thread & turn into a "we hate HK" debate... I just struggle to understand how HobbyKing survives...

i'll still buy from HK, that's for sure, there are definately some goodies to be found, but I'll be damned if I'll be suckered into another HobbyKing new release fresh off the shelf product... simply wait until the product has been tried, proven, or in our case, failed, by other poor souls
And you are correct Rob, I've already been looking into returning more regularly to my LHShops... in short, they deserve our loyalty.
HK failed~ several critical aircraft components that in no way could have been properly tried & tested (contrary to what we had been told)- far less the totally useless QC/QA
HK failed~ to follow up serious customer support to rectify the significant issues (our expensive planes still are not flying through no fault of out own)
HK failed~ in delivering to potentially one of their largest markets, as TripleW mentioned
I'm looking at page 36 of the Nov issue of "Fly RC" mag, a full page colour advert pushing this P40.
For the life of me I don't understand why HK would spend so much money in advertising a plane known to have dud electronics, in an American magazine, but not sell to America.
Honestly HK, what the hell are you thinking?
I can only summize, my opnion only, that sales on these planes are soooo low they need to push it as hard as they can onto the unsuspecting.
Kit form, at the right price, this plane would be awesome, but definately not paying for electronics, spinners, & retracts that simply dont work

I am seriously disappointed in the junk ancillary gear
I am sincerely disappointed in everyone at HobbyKing, Scott included.

And I have been openly warning people of the hazards of shopping at HK verse LHS... I am not vindictive, but I don't want to hear anyone I know personally to be ripped off as I feel I have been here. 3 times bitten, now very shy.
not only feel ripped off, but the problems of faulty products pretty much blatently ignored (other than a meek & feeble few posts from Scott), to be left with a lemon that requires my money to rectify their faults

now i am cranky with a pre-Xmas hang over... I should stay intoxicated...

I'm off to play with my tricopter... and cast a second glance at my gorgeous looking shelf queenie
I'll fly her one day, but not until the bitter taste of HK frustration has departed

anyhoo folks, I hope Santa brings forth to everyone good cheers, and many useful plane thingies, which are vital to the modern day RC pilot

Fly!
Be Free!!

Safe paths to all
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy      Reply With Quote"

Why are they still in business? Because AussieHoppy failed to call his credit card company, or paypal.  If enough people actually DO something instead of just whine online something will actually happen.  I gave a whole bunch of links and tools when this site first opened.  One of them was to call the magazines.  Did AussieHoppy call FlyRC?  Doubt it.  Do anything besides complain a little online?  Doubt it.  So HK gets to continue.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 06:25:08 AM »
And yes, HobbyKing do think we are idiots.  They started out as an ebay shop, got banned four times or more, they rip people off and know those same people will come back for more over and over. And most of them will never tell the world they got ripped off, they are too embarassed.

BillG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »
I went to the thread, and sure enough the second poster was a gonner.  Interesting that a suspected shill Pavcon (I'm sure I'll get the run down here) had visited the guy's page.  These guys are funny also, if you call them out in the right fashion.  I just called him out on YouTube for giving a Stinger flyer a smart comment, and he backed off. I thought he was going to go hyper, as usual.  I think they try to avoid it, when anyone points out who they really are at a place other than RCG.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtJ-n3zW74

We gotta get Bare on board here!  :o
He's a real kick.  I didn't like him at first, but he's right up my alley now.  Just a guy that seems to be tires of the lack of integrity, and not afraid to say something.  He has an interesting sense of humor also.  I'm surprised he didn't get banned for some of his recent comments in the reviews.  ;D

Interesting to see that Bajora has no problem accusing Tweeter of being Tomcee, and then banning him right on the first page.  This really doesn't look good Bajora:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18926139&postcount=5
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:23:52 PM by BillG »